Our calling for ministry comes from Isaiah 61:1-4. Through Christ we seek to:
“…proclaim good news to the poor.
to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
…to comfort all who mourn,
…to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.”
In order to raise up leaders who are healed and set free and able to be a blessing to their communities and in turn be vessels of redemption to the world…
“They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities that have long been devastated.”
We work among communities in the Cape Town area that are devastated by the effects of gang violence, poverty, drugs and abuse. God has equipped us with trainings to engage the broken and traumatized to bring healing, hope and restoration. Some of the courses that we have written or offer include:
- Justice Creates: a workshop allowing persons who have experienced the trauma of pain and injustice to express themselves and find healing through art and storytelling, giving a creative voice to their journey.
- Journaling for Healing: a curriculum that allows people to find healing through writing and sharing their story with others. It is a process of discovery to better understand themselves and connect to God.
- Overcoming Trauma, Grief, Loss Groups: a seminar that empowers those living in on-going trauma to find hope and strength to thrive and minister healing to others.
- Human Trafficking prevention: trainings to prevent adults and children from becoming captives and prisoners in the Global Slave Trade.
- We are also helping pioneer a Mission Internship program through Globe Mission. This is for people interested in long-term missions in the nations.
To equip and train South Africans to run the trainings and classes that we teach, so they may multiply them and be a blessing in their nation.
To share our curriculums and trainings with leaders and missionaries around the world who can use them to bring Christ’s hope and healing to the nations.
To train, invest in and equip missionaries who seek to focus on the least reached.